Author Ellen Larson talks about her new book In Retrospect
Ron Garner from Silence in the Library Publishing
Joseph Schmalke of the comic: The Calamitous Black Devils
Peter Vinton tells us about his new secret project of secrecy.
Guest 1: Chris Proulx from Double Midnight described the literal 3 ring circus that will be held on Free Comic Book Day. Stop by either store on the day of to get scads of free stuff and meet some amazing artists! Oh yeah, and get some free comics. Don’t miss out on May 3rd! The celebration begins at 10am, get in early for the best giveaways.
- Cobie Smulders and Amy Acker Guest on Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D
- BBC America’s Real History of Science Fiction
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Thursday (4/10/14) recording and Saturday (4/12/14) posting of the TalkCast will be postponed until next week. Our thoughts and prayers are with Illustrator X and The Dead Redhead.
Thank you all for your understanding.
- Tracey Hickman Has Sobering News For Aspiring Writers
- Jack Kirby’s Heirs Petition Supreme Court
- Inkwell Awards Auction
- POLL: Which rockstar is likely an alien?
Tonight’s guest is Michael J. Sullivan, who’s here to tell us about his new book, Hollow World. Here’s the blurb from GoodReads:
Ellis Rogers is an ordinary man who is about to embark on an extraordinary journey. All his life he has played it safe and done the right thing, but when faced with a terminal illness, he’s willing to take an insane gamble. He’s built a time machine in his garage, and if it works, he’ll face a world that challenges his understanding of what it means to be human, what it takes to love, and the cost of paradise. He could find more than a cure for his illness; he might find what everyone has been searching for since time began…but only if he can survive Hollow World.
We also talk to Michael about alternative publishing models, both their dangers and their advantages.
- Io9 Gives Us A List Of Original(ish) Movies Coming Soon
- Meanwhile, Speaking of Reboots, The New TMNT Trailer is Bay-ad
- Darth Mousie
- New Poll format!
Tonight’s guest is Gary Sohmers, who’s here to tell us all about the POP Culture Expo! We talked about what makes this con unique (and there’s a lot!), the ways they’re integrating technology, and some of the awesome guests who will be there.
- Walking Dead Makes Fans Heads Explode
- “Family Friendly” Walking Dead Comes To TV This Fall
- Grimm Renewed for Season 4
- Warehouse 13 Final 6 Episodes Begin April 14.
- Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge
- Muppets Most Wanted
- We also check on: Inspector Spacetime and Craigy Who and Inspector Timey Pants
Tonight’s guest is Jamal Igle. He’s the creative force behind Molly Danger, and a Marketing Director at Action Lab Comics. We were also honored to have an interlude with his adorable daughter Catie, who was part of the inspiration for Molly Danger.
It’s another two-guest spectacular here at SFSN!
First we have the multi-talented Jo Whitby. She’s not only a musician and an artist, she’s also the creative force behind the webcomic Craigy Who and Mr. Timeypants, which had Kriana and Tracy giggling throughout the show. You can read the whole thing at Jo’s website, or if you want a print copy you can support her Kickstarter!
Then in the second half-hour we talk to author Tracy Hickman. He’s his usual amazing self, and he tells us all about some new projects he’s working on and about his place in the new Epic Fantasy Storybundle.
Surprise! Travis Richey joins us at the top of the hour to talk up the Untitled Motion Picture About A Space Traveller Indiegogo campaign. Then we go on some awesome tangents before circling back.
Then some brief news:
And finally, one of our favorite authors, Kristi Peterson Schoonover, joins us to talk about her new story, “This Poisoned Ground”. She even reads us a few tantalizing paragraphs!
- Untitled Motion Picture about a Space Traveler…
- Happy 30th Anniversary, Ninja Turtles! Eastman and Laird reunite for an anniversary issue!
- Orphan Black Season 2! Because for a change there WERE so many unanswered questions!
- ABC’s Marvel Studios: Assembling A Universe
- Despite Harold Ramis’ Death, Ghostbusters 3 Still Happening
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch on all fours in his mo-cap suit as Smaug
- Which TV shows deserve a relaunch more than Heroes?
- No, really. They’re making Space Jam 2
- Warehouse 13′s Final Season
- Harlan Does Hollywood
- Sci Fest gets an Angel offer to fund match all backers from now ‘til end of Kickstarter
- Travis Richey, Sylvester McCoy and Robert Picardo walk into a Crowdfunding campaign
- Viva El Rey!
- THIS Is What A Time Lord Looks Like
Tonight our guests are Dave and Steve from the Boston Area Toy Collectors’ Club. They just got back from the New York Toy Fair and they told us all about the biggest trends in action figures and collectables for 2014.